Banana Bread has never tasted so good! Topped with delicious apple filling, cream cheese, and your choice of other yummy toppings this is definitely a dessert worth making. Even better, it’s done in under 25 minutes when using an air fryer. Dessert pizzas are a perfect treat for any occasion, and this Air Fryer Banana Bread Pizza, which can also be made in a conventional oven, is one of the most tasty I have ever tried.
Next Level Banana Bread
I love banana bread, especially when I buy too many bananas and I watch as they slowly get blacker. I like to use bananas that are nice and squishy. I know that a banana is perfect for making banana bread once its bright yellow skin is covered top to bottom with tons of brown spots, and when I press down on it and it squishes a bit under the peel.
The reason why mushy bananas are the best for banana bread is because they blend and mix nicely with the other ingredients.
Tips for Cooking in the Air Fryer
Some quick tips when using a Air Fryer:
- Preheat Air Fryer
- Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray
- Use parchment paper on the bottom of the basket so the dough doesn’t get stuck in the vents of the basket.
- It’s alright to open the fryer lid to check the progress of the pizza.
Air Fryer Banana Bread Pizza
- Air Fryer
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling
Cream Cheese Layer
- 1 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 21 oz can apple pie filling
- 1/2 cup pecans
- caramel syrup for drizzling
- In a mixing bowl, add ripe bananas, baking soda, baking powder, eggs, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix together.
- Add flour to the mixture. Combine until a stiff dough is formed.
- Divide dough in half. Make each half of the dough into a ball, rolling in powder sugar to prevent sticking to counter.
- Flatten each ball into a round disc that can fit into the air fryer basket.
- Spray 2 square piece of parchment paper with cooking spray and place one flat disc of dough on each. Make sure parchment paper is at least 2 inches bigger than the dough disc.
Cream Cheese Topping
- In a small bowl, place softened cream cheese and sugar. Stir together until there are no lumps.
- Spread cream cheese mixture onto banana bread dough discs.
- Top each pizza with half of the apple pie filling. Add pecans if desired
Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat Air Fryer for at least 3 minutes at 350 degrees.
- For the first pizza, carefully place parchment paper into air fryer basket. Cook banana bread pizza for 15 minutes. Lift pizza out by grabbing the ends of the parchment paper.
- Allow to cool. Cook second pizza for 15 minutes.
- Place Banana Bread Pizza on large plates and drizzle with caramel syrup.
Bananas About Curious George
One of my kids all time favorite book characters is Curious George. The Curious George book series by Margret and H. A. Rey explores the world through the eyes of an inquisitive monkey.
PBS has also made Curious George into an animated series. My kids and I enjoy watching George learn through the scientific process how things work, and coming upo with creative solutions for everyday problems.
Below is listed some online learning resources while reading Curious George:
- Curious George.com
- PBS Learning Media-Curious George
- Reading Is Fundamental-Literacy Central-Curious George